Platform for African-European partnership on Agricultural Research for Development
- Facilitates partnerships between farmer organizations, civil society groups, research institutes and education institutes, private companies and policy networks.
- Supports these partnerships through capacity strengthening and providing access to information on funding opportunities.
- Helps partners to prepare strong research proposals which will address real needs at the farm level.
- Advocates for increased support for demand-led, multi-actor agricultural research.
PAEPARD is coordinated by the Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA) in collaboration with Agrinatura, a consortium of research and education organizations in Europe. The initiative is supported by the European Union through its Food Security Thematic Programme.
Members registration Search a partnerMembers mapping PAEPARD agenda Search a funding opportunity List of funding opportunities
Latest Paepard's activities
- Design and construction of regional platforms workshop 8-11th January 2013
- Multi-stakeholder workshop on research into the extensive livestock value chain in East Africa 10-12 December 2012
- Agricultural Innovation Facilitators' Induction Workshop 26-30 November, 2012
- 3rd RUFORUM Biennial Regional Conference 26th September 2012
- PAEPARD Diaspora expert meeting on ARD September 2012